The 3M™ Tegaderm™ High Performance Foam Adhesive Dressing is a multi-layer foam dressing that can be used as a primary or secondary wound dressing for partial and full thickness dermal wounds with diﬀerent levels of exudate, from low to high. The spoke delivery system on this bordered foam dressing is designed to allow easy, one-handed application to diﬃcult body contours, including heels and elbows, without the need for cutting. The innovative layer technology absorbs and evaporates moisture to maintain an ideal moist wound environment. This adhesive foam dressing is available in a variety of sizes and shapes, including oval and fenestrated.
3M™ Tegaderm™ High Performance Foam Adhesive Dressing
Provides high absorbency with breathability to reduce the risk of maceration.
Helps to maintain moisture balance for optimal wound healing.
*In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger, while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
1. Spoke delivery system: enables easy application, even with gloves on.
2. Highly breathable film: protects the wound from strikethrough and adapts to changing levels of exudate to maintain the moisture balance for an optimal moist wound environment.
3. Moisture control layer: facilitates evaporation of moisture from the wound through the highly breathable adhesive film backing.
4. Superabsorbent layer: absorbs and retains moisture away from the wound, minimising backward moisture migration.
5. Soft absorbent foam layer: wicks moisture away from the skin and into the secondary layers and has minimal swell, which decreases the potential for disruption of healing tissue.
*In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.