Our 3M™ Super Bond Film Tape 396 offers the thin caliper tensile strength of polyester and high immediate holding strength of rubber adhesive for creating butt splices on low surface energy materials such as polyethylene and other difficult-to-adhere-to surfaces. Often referred to as a single-sided adhesive splicing and core starting tape.
Adheres to Low Surface Energy Surfaces
The thin caliper and tensile strength of the transparent polyester backing, combined with the quick adhesion and holding power of the rubber resin adhesive, make 3M™ Super Bond Film Tape 396
(PDF, 20.32 Kb) work well on a wide variety of applications. Designed to adhere to low surface energy surfaces such as polyethylene, this tape provides immediate and aggressive adhesion for quick and easy application. The polyester backing withstands temperatures from 40°F/4°C to 200°F/93°C, and resists chemicals and abrasion for long lasting hold.
- Splicing, sealing, repairing, holding and reinforcing difficult-to-hold materials
- Repairing and reinforcing high-wear areas of rip-stop nylon
- Holding polyethylene barrel liners in place
- Splice large photographic acetate transparencies
- Splicing polyester conveyor belts